Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Bravery, Stupidity and Tonsilitis





Progress of Easter Boycott: Complete (see above pictures)
Fears overcome: 1
Number of times I've been sick since I arrived in Sweden: 5
Number of times I've kicked myself for not buying more cold & flu tablets in Estonia: 1,000,000 Size of tonsils: Enormous

So last week we went to karaoke at this bar called basement. Petrified at the thought of having to sing in front of people (shock, horror), we all decided to get a little tipsy beforehand. It worked marvellously. I think I got up to sing around 4-5 times in total, it was terribly hideous sounding, and to be honest, I just didn't care. The bar was totally empty at first, but after a while it got pretty full, and I definitely think we were the most entertaining group (for future reference, swedish karaoke songs are really boring). Took loads of videos, even more pictures, and had a great time all in all. That fear overcome, I think I can now attempt to conquer my other fear... but that's another story for another time.

We're fully back at uni now, which totally sucks, but there's not a whole lot I can do about it for now. Especially since I've just come down with tonsilitis... I was supposed to go on a countryside walk for my nordic culture course, but I had to cancel because it was raining, and going for a 4km walk in the rain with tonsilitis is not the best thing I could do. So, it totally sucks and I'm in a hideous mood. Fever, chills, headaches - not to mention the fact that I can't swallow OR eat! Gah!

I'm beginning to hate my room.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:00 pm

    Aw, poor Cholie :(

    Get good soon my sweet, and congratulations on the karaoke. Can't wait to see video footage!

    Much love and wishes for a speedy recovery xx

    ReplyDelete