Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Get to the fucking monkey.

I'm sick of people who waste my time. Do I look (or sound) like the kind of person who has infinite amounts of time to just sit around listening to people crap on? Furthermore, why do people call telephone banking to crap on to a stranger about their lives?
I'm not talking about the elderly either. The elderly I have time for. They've earned their right to spend 50c on a local call and get their money's worth. I fully intend to be exactly the same when I'm old. It's the other ones I have problems with. The ones who should know better.
You know who you are.

On another entirely unrelated note, I hereby pronounce July "Harry Potter Month". A movie and the final book in one fell swoop seems too good to be true. It probably is - sure, we'll get the final book, but Harry will die in a tremendously unsatisfying manner with little to no closure on all of the questions we've been asking for years. Not that I'm trying to be cynical or anything, I'm just saying. Musn't get hopes up. Pfft.

I keep having these really irrational thoughts lately. I'll be getting out of bed and I'll hear a little voice in my head that says "today, Chloe, is the day you quit your job". I have no idea why, I don't even want to quit my job, but that's what I feel like doing. Just as quickly as the thought pops into my head, it floats out again. I swear sometimes I have a brain like a sieve. Mum used to say that to me when I was younger. I remember the most random things, but I'll forget to get toothpaste from the supermarket. Oh, stupid annoying things like peanut butter I remember, but it's a dismal day when you realise you then have to take your whole damn trolley back into the supermarket for a solitary tube of toothpaste.
This is how I get myself into trouble.

1 comment: